Sunday, August 4, 2013

A little about someone you don't know.


Allow me to introduce myself; I am Sidney Little, welcome to my blog! Through this medium I hope to showcase my various forms of artwork while also providing a general sense of who I am (as if I knew who I was my whole life). Up until this point of my life I have never felt like my art work was "amazing" or even close to "good'. This belief came strictly from the premise of "what will others think?" It amazes me how we, in the most trying of times, tend to be our biggest barriers when striving for "success". You may see several words highlighted throughout this post, reason being is because I feel that these words contain power and value. They each posses the power to either enhance or destroy a creative mind, while also giving a sense of worth to the creator themselves. Sadly I used these words to destroy and devalue my mind and self, causing the construction of a barrier that seemed impossible to overcome. For years I struggled with the idea of my image, yet there was nothing wrong with it. My life, my ideas, my art were accepted by everyone except for me. I mean I knew that I produced art with the intent of being good, but,  I just didn't how good my production actually was. To those who thought of me as talented I must have appeared pretty down on myself. This led me to find that: KNOWING ONE'S SELF IS THE BEGINNING OF A SUCCESSFUL MINDSET. With a changed mindset, I allowed growth in areas that I held back all this time. Most importantly, my confidence grew. So much to the point that all I expect from my stuff is "amazing", "good", and for it to reap "success". The domino effect of a changing mindset also caused for that barrier (myself), the one that seemed impossible to overcome, to break. Thus motivating me to share my art with the world. I hope to inspire with the same inspiration that impassioned me with my poems, songs, pictures and general blogs. Enjoy, Digest, Respond. Thanks to all, Sid Little.


No comments:

Post a Comment